1. Family Physician/Primary Care Physician – many people follow up with the family physician because they are told by the ER staff to follow up with their family doctor.. 
  1. Chiropractor – chiropractors specialize in helping people heal after suffering from injuries; therefore, chiropractic treatment can be an excellent choice of care after an accident.
  1. Osteopath – is a cross between an MD and a chiropractor and they often perform osteopathic manipulations like a chiropractor, but an osteopath can also prescribe medication and even perform injections and surgeries.
  1. Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Specialist – is a cross between a general practitioner and an orthopedic surgeon.
  1. Pain Management Specialist – a pain management specialist can be a physician or an osteopath who specializes in treating pain.
  1. Orthopedic Surgeon – orthopedic surgeons are great to assist and fix people with broken bones, degenerated joints, herniated discs, and severely damaged spines.
  1. Neurologist – sometimes people with severe soft tissue damage are referred to a neurologist. A neurologist is usually defined as a physician who treats disease of the central nervous system.
  1. Neurosurgeon – a neurosurgeon is a type of surgeon who specializes in managing diseases of the brain, spine and peripheral nerves.
  1. Dental/Facial Pain Specialist/ Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon – injuries to the jaw can occur in what seem like relatively minor car crashes.
  1. Physical Therapist – Physical therapist are licensed health care professionals who work with patients with a variety of illnesses, injuries, and post surgical conditions.
  1. Massage Therapist – massage therapy is one of the oldest health care practices known to history.
  1. Urgent Care Center – with the recent boom of urgent care centers over the last several years, many clients seek treatment at a local urgent care center after an accident, especially when they begin to have pain several days after the accident.
Comments are closed.