Our Ohio Law Firm Practice Areas
Littlejohn Law is dedicated to serving Jefferson, Harrison, Belmont, Stark, & Summit County businesses, real estate investors, homeowners, and other individuals in need of legal guidance. We listen attentively to our clients, offer sound judgment, and go above and beyond to ensure that our clients’ legal issues are resolved as quickly and smoothly as possible
If you’re wondering whether our Ohio law firm can help you, take a minute to look over our practice areas below. Even if you don’t see your specific issue, we encourage you to call us at 740-346-2899 to schedule a free initial telephone consultation and see what we can do for you.
Our Business Law Areas
At Littlejohn Law, we understand that success in business is often hard won. We believe it is the responsibility of a good business lawyer to find the solutions that will help business owners be as successful as possible, rather than just explaining why something cannot be done. We want to help you determine how business laws can work for you, not against you.
Whether you’re a small business owner, an entrepreneur, or part of a corporation, we can offer direction and innovative strategies to help you make your most important business decisions. We assist our clients in nearly every aspect of their business and operations, including business creation, development of policies, and employee relations, including pension and retirement plans. Our specific practice areas include:
- Corporate Formation: Before you can even start a business, you need to decide on the business structure that’s going to be the most effective in achieving your vision. Whether you’re setting up a non-profit, for-profit, joint venture, partnership, or limited liability entity, our Steubenville law firm can help you determine your best legal route.
- Contracts: As a business owner, you understand the importance of getting it in writing. We can review your contracts with the companies or clients you do business with to ensure that your interests are protected. If a dispute over a contract arises, we can help litigate the dispute and negotiate settlement offers.
- Equity: We can review and establish stock transfers for your company, including pension and profit sharing plans.
- Employment Law: Whether you are an employer or an employee, we can negotiate your employment agreements and employer benefits, as well as establishing employment policies for your company.
- Litigation: When you need a business attorney to represent you in disputes, turn to us. We’re experienced in business arbitration, negotiation, and litigation.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Mergers and acquisitions are often incredibly complex and require great attention to detail, and you’ll most likely need someone with a legal background to help you through the transition. We can represent you whether your company is the surviving corporation or the acquired corporation.
Our Real Estate Law Areas
Real estate transactions can be complicated, and in many situations, you need a real estate lawyer on your side to ensure that you’re not getting the raw end of the deal. At Littlejohn Law, we understand that each piece of property is unique, and that our real estate clients have different needs. We’ll pay close attention to the details of your particular situation and can facilitate any aspect of a real estate transaction, including hearings, litigation, and appeals. Our specific practice areas include:
- Oil & Gas Leases and Mineral Rights: Drilling for oil and gas is a rapidly expanding part of Ohio’s economy, particularly in Jefferson and Harrison County. With a large percentage of drill sites located on private property, oil and gas companies are frequently approaching landowners with a drilling lease. We offer contract review and negotiation to make sure that big oil and gas companies are not taking advantage of you with this lease.
- Real Estate Closings: Whether you’re a first time homebuyer or someone selling your house before moving, our Ohio law office can make sure you’re actually getting the deal you think you are by reviewing the lease, contracts, and other relevant paperwork.
- Title Searches: If you need to mortgage your property, or if you’re planning to sell or buy and you need to determine the relevant interests and regulations, we can help you retrieve and understand the necessary documents.
- Land Disputes: We can assist in litigation, negotiation, or arbitration when there’s any question about land or property ownership.
- Zoning Issues: At Littlejohn Law, we’re well-versed in the zoning laws and ordinances in Steubenville and Jefferson County. If you’re planning to build or renovate an existing structure, we can help ensure that you’re adhering to our city’s zoning laws.
Our Estate Planning Areas
In a fantasy world, we’ll all live happily ever after, in great shape both mentally and physically. And there wouldn’t be a need to plan for our death or disability. But you and I both know that we don’t live in a fantasy world and life is precious and temporary.
Our specific practice areas include:
- Last Will and Testament
- General Durable Power of Attorney
- Health Care Power of Attorney
- Transfer on Death Affidavits to pass real estate outside of Probate
- Simple & Comprehensive Trusts Plans
- And Asset Protection.
I work with a small Team to help protect your assets and plan for your future. We can help you prioritize your needs and develop and execute a plan to transfer financial assets, settle debts, and plan a secure financial future. Don’t try to do it alone!